Uttarkashi Tunnel Rescue Operation: 41 laborers are stranded in the Silkyara Tunnel of Uttarkashi for the last 9 days. The government is working on a war footing to get them back safely. In this connection, the government was successful in providing them solid food for the first time through a pipe late in the evening on Monday (21 November 2023). Along with this, he tried to see the condition of the workers through endoscopic camera.
According to the video recorded after sending khichdi to the workers trapped in Silkyara, a few hours after sending khichdi to 41 workers through a six-inch pipeline, the rescue workers sent a camera (endoscopic flexi camera) to them in the early hours of Tuesday and inquired about their safety. Released the first video. In such a situation, we are going to tell you what is an endoscopic camera.
1. Endoscopic cameras are used to examine complex and microscopic diseases or organs in the human body. Endoscopic cameras are one of the most technically challenging instruments.
2. Professional doctors use this equipment to inspect the organs, joints and cavities inside the body for proper diagnosis and fine treatment of diseases.
3. The most modern endoscopic cameras use ‘chip-on-tip’ technology where images are captured through a soft package attached to the end of the device.
4. There is an LED light installed just above this camera so that this camera can click pictures even in places where it is dark.
5. In the tunnel being built in Uttarakhand, the officials had used a flexi camera so that the wire attached to it could bend with the pipe and record video.
6. Officials used endoscopic camera due to its small size and shape, which allowed them to pass the camera through a small hole in the pipeline.
How far has the rescue operation reached now?
Security personnel engaged in the rescue operation, Nipu Kumar, said that a walkie-talkie and two chargers have also been sent to the pipeline to establish communication. As part of efforts being made from multiple directions to rescue the workers, the Indian Air Force has launched a Machines weighing 36 tonnes have been delivered by C-17 and two C-130J Super Hercules transport aircraft.
Meanwhile, sources said that the work of making ‘exit’ from the Silkyara tunnel with the American auger machine is about to start again. The engineering team from Delhi has replaced the parts of this machine which stopped after hitting a hard surface.
Also read: Who gave compensation of Rs 5 crore to the women victims of gangrape and molestation? Manipur government does not have any data