According to WHO, out of all the people in India who have high blood pressure, only 37 percent are able to get it treated. Obesity is the main cause of high blood pressure. Therefore, if you are overweight then lose weight first.
Silent Killer Hypertension in India: India is fast reaching a dangerous situation in terms of lifestyle related diseases. On one hand, 10 crore people are suffering from diabetes, while on the other hand, 19 crore people are victims of the silent killer high blood pressure. For the first time, the World Health Organization (WHO) has conducted a comprehensive study on India regarding hypertension, in which it has made very scary predictions. WHO said that if the people of India become alert now, then by 2040, 46 lakh people can be saved from dying due to the silent killer high blood pressure. If control is not taken now, the risk of so many deaths will remain in India. According to WHO, about 31 percent people in India are victims of high blood pressure. That means 18.83 crore people have hypertension but more than half of these people do not even know about this disease.
Most deaths due to high BP
Indian Express news citing WHO report has said that when blood pressure reaches above 140/90 then it is high blood pressure. When high blood pressure is not treated or preventive measures are not taken, it can suddenly lead to problems like stroke, heart attack, heart failure, kidney damage. WHO has said that all these problems can be avoided if high blood pressure is controlled from the beginning. According to WHO, out of all the people in India who have high blood pressure, only 37 percent are able to get it treated while only 30 percent of them are able to recover from it. It is a matter of concern that out of all the people in the country who have high blood pressure, only 15 percent have their BP under control. Of all the deaths due to any disease in the country, half i.e. about 52 percent of the deaths are directly related to heart disease. Among these, the number of deaths due to heart attack is highest. However, high blood pressure is a disease which gives you a chance to control yourself for a long time. If you control it on time then the risk is greatly reduced.
This way you can avoid high BP
1. Keep a BP machine – Dr. Rakesh Yadav, Professor of the Department of Cardiology at All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, says that it is important to check BP from the very beginning. For this, keep a BP machine at home and get your BP checked regularly from the age of 20. If blood pressure is high, contact the doctor immediately.
2. Quit alcohol and smoking now – According to the report, the biggest causes of hypertension in India are alcohol, smoking and tobacco consumption. Therefore, leave these bad habits from now on.
3. Lose weight – Obesity is the main cause of high BP. Therefore, if you are overweight then lose weight first. There is no short cut way to lose weight. Therefore, under the supervision of experts, do whatever the experts suggest.
4. Healthy Diet- Leave processed food, junk food, fast food, fried foods, packaged foods, overly sweet foods, soft drinks, sugary drinks, chips, crisps etc. in your diet from today itself. Along with this, from today onwards eat freshly prepared food at home in which 90 percent of it is plant based. Include green leafy vegetables, whole grains, fresh fruits, dry fruits, coarse grains etc. in your daily diet.
5. Physical activity-To avoid blood pressure, 45 minutes of exercise daily is necessary. For this there is no need to go to the gym, rather do walking, running, swimming, jogging, cycling etc. If you have high blood pressure, consult your doctors before running.
Read this also – 30 plus women should drink saffron-raisin water daily, you will get relief from all types of fatigue, beauty will also improve.
Read this also – Do not plant these 6 plants around the house even by mistake, snakes get attracted like magnets.
Tags: Health, Health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : September 21, 2023, 16:37 IST