From the name spermicide itself, it can be understood that these contraceptive methods kill sperm. Testosterone injection prevents the release of pituitary hormones.
Male Birth Control Option: Generally, people understand birth control to mean either condoms or women’s contraceptive pills. After many side effects of contraceptive pills have come to light, their use has started decreasing but most of the people are not aware that condom is not the only option as a contraceptive for men. Due to the side effects of contraceptive pills, scientists are working on many methods of male contraception. On the other hand, male contraception is more important because women have many responsibilities and they are at greater risk of side effects from contraceptive pills or injections. So let us know how many types of male contraception options there are.
male contraceptive methods
1.Condom – According to the report of WebMD, male condom is definitely the most used method of contraception all over the world. The probability of contraception with condoms is up to 98 percent. On the other hand, it also greatly reduces the risk of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) and fungal infections. However, if the quality of the condom is weak then there may be difficulties in contraception.
2. Spermicide – From the name itself it can be understood that these contraceptive measures kill sperm. Spermicide means killing sperm. Spermicide is a non-oxynol-9 compound which kills sperm, thereby preventing pregnancy. Spermicide is available in many forms. It is available in the market in the form of foam, jelly, tablet, cream, suppository and dissolve film. Even though it is used less in our country, it is used extensively in western countries.
3. Spermicide condom – It is like a regular condom but it is coated with non-oxynol-19 compound. It also works as a lubricant in a way. This is a better option for birth control. However, there is some risk of UTI infection.
4. Vasectomy or Vasectomy – Vasectomy is the best method of male contraception. In this, the surgeon cuts the tube through which sperm passes and ties it. This is the best option for men who do not want a baby. It is also very cheap and works better than female sterilization. Three months after vasectomy, semen becomes sperm free.
5. Male Birth Control Pill-Male birth control pill is a hormonal pill which men can take like women. In this, sperm production stops in men. However, this pill has not yet received approval from the drug regulatory institutions.
6. Testosterone injection-This is an injection that prevents the release of pituitary hormones. Pituitary hormone is responsible for the production of sperm. In this one has to take weekly or monthly injections. It also has some side effects. It also causes pain at the injection site, pimples, weight gain, abnormal lipids and some psychological effects. However, scientists are trying to eliminate the effects of all this.
7.Harmol Contraceptive Gel-The name of this gel is NES/T. This gel has to be applied daily on the skin which stops sperm production. Nitrogen and testosterone are mixed in it. It works like progesterone hormone which stops the production of sperm. There is also an injection of this gel which contains a similar compound.
8. Birth Control Vaccine-Sperm contains a protein called epiin. The vaccine destroys this protein. However, in this vaccine some men need to take a booster dose.
Read this also-Are your teeth not healthy? There can be these 5 reasons, if you understand then your teeth will become shiny, serious problem of decay will also go away.
Read this also-Are working people at greater risk of diabetes? When can BP increase, know everything from the doctor
Tags: Health, Health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : September 26, 2023, 18:25 IST