1 of 1
New Delhi. Tata Nexon EV caught fire in Pune and the company said that the incident occurred due to replacement of the original headlamp at an unauthorized workshop. This information has been given in media reports.
“We understand that this vehicle recently underwent repairs in which the left headlamp was replaced at an unauthorized workshop,” the company said.
According to Tata Motors, there were flaws in the installation and repair process of the car, which resulted in an electrical fault in the headlamp unit, which ultimately allowed the thermal phenomenon.
The company also said that the affected area is concentrated only in the area of the repairs carried out.
Media reports state that in order to reduce such accidents, the company has also urged electric vehicle owners to carry out servicing and repairs of their vehicles using only on-spec parts, accessories and spare parts from authorized Do it in workshops.
This is the second time that the Tata Nexon EV has caught fire.
In June 2022, a Tata Nexon EV caught fire in Mumbai.
The incident of EV car catching fire was reported from Mumbai’s Vasai West (near Panchavati Hotel) and the video of the Tata Nexon EV that caught fire went viral on social media.
According to the video, the owner of the car charged his Nexon EV with a normal slow charger installed in his office.
Media reports state that after driving about 5 km towards his home, he heard some strange noises from the car and saw a flash warning on the dashboard, which alerted him to stop the vehicle and get out of the car.
Later firemen were seen spraying water on the burning Nexon EV.
Read this also – Click to read the news of your state / city before the newspaper
Web Title-Tata Nexon EV catches fire, company blames headlamp replacement for the incident