Groundnut comes under the category of leguminous vegetables such as soya, beans, lentils, peas etc. Most of the people in India are deficient in protein.
High Rich Protein Food for Vegetarian: The cases of lifestyle related diseases, diabetes, heart disease are increasing in the country. There are many reasons for this, mainly protein deficiency. In our country, people consume more carbohydrates and fats while reducing the consumption of proteins. This is the reason why fat comes out on people’s stomach. Although most people also believe that protein is found only in non-veg items like fish, mutton, egg etc. but it is not so at all. There are hundreds of such foods in vegetarian food too, which contain more protein than mutton-chicken. But people reduce their intake. This is the reason that people get many diseases due to excessive consumption of carbohydrates and fats.
An adult person needs 50 to 60 grams of protein daily. For this, green vegetables and many types of fruits should be eaten in sufficient quantity, but we do not do this. That’s why there are lifestyle related diseases like diabetes, heart disease, obesity. Here we are telling about some such high rich vegetarian food which contains more protein than mutton-egg.
These vegetarian foods have more protein than eggs
1. Soya Beans – According to BBC Good Food, the treasure of protein is hidden in soya beans. Only 80 grams of soybeans get 8.7 grams of pure protein. It is also very easy to make soybeans. It can be made with many other vegetables which are no less tasty than mutton.
2. Tofu- Tofu is consumed less in India but it is a protein-rich food item. Tofu is made from soy milk. 100 grams of tofu gives 8.1 grams of protein. Tofu is available in many forms. Pancakes, Japanese salad, silken etc. are made from tofu. It can also be marinated in other things.
3. Groundnut- Groundnut does not come under the category of almonds. It comes under the category of leguminous vegetables such as soya, beans, lentils, peas etc. There are 8 grams of protein in 2 teaspoons of peanut butter. That’s why groundnut is called a treasure of protein. Peanuts are also cheap. It is eaten mixed in many types of snacks. Roasted peanuts are liked by most of the people.
4. Chole-Chole gram is consumed more in North India. Chole is also a leguminous vegetable. Chickpeas are full of protein. If chickpeas are made with more onions then it gives the same taste as mutton. 8 grams of protein is found in 80 grams of chickpeas. Chickpeas are a source of high rich protein. That’s why by cooking chickpeas, you can make up for the protein deficiency quickly.
5. Almonds-20-25 grams of almonds contain 6 grams of protein. If 3-4 soaked almonds are eaten daily in the morning, it will also reduce the weight and keep away from many diseases related to heart. Almonds contain Vitamin E, healthy fat and many types of antioxidants which keep many diseases away.
Pistachios-Pistachios are also full of protein in dry fruits. Pistachios are not only great in taste, but they are full of all kinds of nutrients. You can eat it by mixing it in salad or eat it anyway.
Read this also- Does moong dal also cause harm? Which people should not eat, know the reality from experts
Read this also- Should you eat roti with ghee or not? Know its advantages and disadvantages from the doctor
Tags: Health, Health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : April 26, 2023, 20:12 IST