Lemon peel contains vitamin C and flavonoids which strengthen the immune system. Just one teaspoon of lemon peel gives 1 gram of fiber and 1 gram of carbohydrates.
Lemon Peels Benefits: Lemon is a very medicinal citrus fruit. Usually we use lemon juice in various ways but throw away the lemon peel. But lemon peel has amazing power which reduces the risk of many diseases. Actually, many nutritious elements in lemon peel increase more than lemon. Just one teaspoon of lemon peel gives 1 gram of fiber and 1 gram of carbohydrates. Apart from this, there is 9 percent vitamin C which is enough to boost immunity. There is no fat in lemon peel.
Lemon peel has increased anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. Apart from this, it also contains calcium, potassium and magnesium, which reduces the risk of heart health and cancer.
benefits of lemon peel
1. Elimination of all kinds of diseases in the mouth – Dr. Priyanka Rohatgi, Chief Clinical Nutritionist at Apollo Hospitals, Bangalore told that lemon peels are very beneficial thing which we can use in many ways. It has increased anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties due to which it ends all the problems related to oral health. Apart from this, there are many types of antioxidants in it which reduce free radicals in the body. He told that the way lemon juice improves digestion, in the same way lemon peel improves digestion. Lemon peel gives relief to mouth blisters or wounds very quickly. Any kind of bacterial or fungal infection can be removed with lemon peel. In a research, four types of compounds have been found in lemon peel, which help in eliminating all types of oral diseases.
2. Boosts Immunity- Lemon peel contains vitamin C and flavonoid which strengthens the immune system. According to the report published in Pub Med Centers Journal, it has been proved in many studies that lemon peel has the power to strengthen the immune system.
3. Anti-cancer properties- Anti-cancer properties are found in lemon peel. The flavonoid present in lemon peel is capable of preventing many types of cancer. Due to vitamin C, there is also an increase in WBC i.e. white blood cells, which prevents any normal cell from turning into cancer cell. Apart from this, a compound named D-limonene is found in lemon peel, which has anti-cancer properties. It especially protects us from stomach cancer.
4. Prevents Heart Disease – There is no fat in lemon peel. Hence it reduces the risk of high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity. Due to flavonoids, vitamin C and pectin, lemon peels strengthen the muscles of the heart and also repair it immediately when damaged. For this reason it is very beneficial for the health of the heart.
5. Treatment of stones in Gall Bladder- According to the news of Healthline, some studies have found that consumption of lemon peel can cure gallstones. The D limonene present in it corrodes this stone. D limonene is a type of solvent which dissolves gallstones.
how to use
Dr. Priyanka Rohatgi says that you can boil it in water by removing the peel of lemon and you can drink it after cooling it a little. Apart from this, lemon peel can be used as a chutney.
Read this also- Should you eat roti with ghee or not? Know its advantages and disadvantages from the doctor
read this also- Eyesight has decreased, blurriness is coming, not 1 but 5 vitamins are deficient, make up for it with these foods
Tags: Health, Health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : April 30, 2023, 14:44 IST