When bad cholesterol increases in the body, the supply of blood in the veins starts decreasing. When cholesterol increases, bulges start forming around the eyes.
Warning sign of high cholesterol: There are three types of cholesterol. HDL means good cholesterol, LDL means bad cholesterol and triglycerides. In these, good cholesterol acts as a friend for us, but bad cholesterol and triglycerides are a big villain for us. Heart works as a pumping machine in our body which keeps the blood running throughout the body. Heart delivers pure blood to the veins of the body and pulls the dirty blood from the veins. Blood reaches the heart through the arteries, but when bad cholesterol starts accumulating in the arteries, this path of blood starts getting thinner and due to this less blood reaches the heart. The problem starts from here and then we have to suffer from many diseases.
In this situation it is said that cholesterol has increased in the body. Although there is no sign of increasing cholesterol in the beginning, but by some signs we can understand that cholesterol has started showing its game in the body.
symptoms of bad cholesterol
1. Disorders in the fingers – The Mirror quoted British doctor Rahul Agarwal as saying that when bad cholesterol increases, blood flow is affected. Because of this, very little blood reaches the last part of the body. That’s why problems start in the fingers of the hand. Some people feel pain in the fingers in the beginning.
2. Nails start to deteriorate – Cholesterol starts to freeze due to less blood flow. Due to this, blood does not reach different parts of the body. Nails also become its victim. Due to this, initially dark lines start forming in the nails. Sometimes nails start exploding. At the same time the nails become thin and brown in colour. It looks very bad.
3. Numbness in hands and feet- When bad cholesterol increases in the body, the supply of blood in the veins starts decreasing. Due to this, the color of the veins starts changing and swelling and numbness starts coming in them. Its maximum effect is seen on the hands and feet. This also causes a lot of pain. Hands and feet also start getting weak.
4. Rashes in the skin – Due to increase in LDL, the sticky substance plaque starts to freeze in the blood vessels. It brings rashes or bumps on the skin. These rashes are visible in many parts of the body. Due to this, bulges appear under your eyes, in the back, in the feet and in the palm.
5. Bumps around the eyes- When cholesterol increases, bulges start forming around the eyes. It seems as if there is swelling under the eyes. If bad cholesterol increases too much, these spots reach the nose. This is called Xantheplasma palpebrarum (XP).
Read this also- Does moong dal also cause harm? Which people should not eat, know the reality from experts
Read this also- Should you eat roti with ghee or not? Know its advantages and disadvantages from the doctor
Tags: Health, Health tips, Heart attack, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : April 26, 2023, 17:57 IST