Vitamin E is a type of antioxidants that protects the cells of the eyes. Vitamin A strengthens the cornea, the outer layer of the eyes.
How to Increase Eyesight: In the present era, the biggest crisis has come on the eyes. Firstly, the impact of pollution was not less than before, secondly, nowadays, the way people keep sticking in front of mobile, laptop, TV screen etc all the time, it is affecting the eyes the most. In such times, sharpening the eyesight is no less than a challenge. Although we do not work on laptop or computer, this is also not possible. In such a situation, we need enough nutrients for the health of the eyes. Actually, most people believe that only vitamin A is enough for eye health, but according to experts, 9 types of vitamins and many other nutrients are needed to strengthen eye health.
According to the news of Healthline, in addition to vitamin A, nutrients like vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin B6, B9, B12, riboflavin, niacin, lutein, zeaxanthin, omega 3 fatty acids, thiamin are essential for improving eyesight. Elements are needed.
essential vitamins for eyes
1. Vitamin A- Vitamin A has a lot of role in eye health. Vitamin A strengthens the cornea, the outer layer of the eye. Apart from this, it is due to Vitamin A that we can see in low light. Vitamin A deficiency causes night blindness. Sweet potato, green leafy vegetables, pumpkin, capsicum should be consumed for vitamin A.
2. Vitamin E- Vitamin E is a type of antioxidants which protects the cells of the eyes. It protects against eye damage caused by free radicals and oxidative stress. Almonds, seeds, salmon, seeds oil, avocado, green leafy vegetables should be consumed for vitamin E.
3. Vitamin C- Vitamin C is also an antioxidant like vitamin E which protects the eyes from the harmful effects of free radicals. Vitamin C boosts collagen production which is essential to make the structure of the eyes beautiful. Vitamin C reduces the risk of cataract. Citrus fruits, capsicum, cauliflower, bananas etc. should be consumed for vitamin C.
4. Vitamin B6, 9 and B12 – Vitamin B6, 9 and Vitamin B12 do not allow inflammation in the eyes. If there is swelling in the eyes, then the risk of AMD disease increases. For these vitamins, mutton, sardine fish, almonds, pumpkin seeds, whole grains, tuna, trot, etc. should be consumed.
5. Riboflavin – Riboflavin is a type of vitamin B. This is called Vitamin B2. These are antioxidants which reduce oxidative stress in the body. Reduced oxidative stress gives relief to the eyes. Milk, oats, buttermilk, mutton, whole grains should be consumed for vitamin B2.
Read this also- Does moong dal also cause harm? Which people should not eat, know the reality from experts
Read this also- Should you eat roti with ghee or not? Know its advantages and disadvantages from the doctor
Tags: Health, Health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : April 27, 2023, 14:08 IST